Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My poor little girl!





So starting last Friday my poor baby started to get sick with a stomach ache and she has wound up with diarrhea every day since then. Well yesterday I took her to the doctor to see if there was something seriously wrong with her cause it has been 4 days that she has had the runs and I was feeling bad for her cause I know how I feel when I get that way. He told us that she just had a virus and it would pass and that she could go to school and she would be fine. So this morning I got her up and ready for school and she had gone to the bathroom twice, so I asked her if she thought she would be ok to go and she insisted that she go, so I sent her to school with a note telling her teacher that she had a sour stomach and to let her go to the bathroom when she needed to. I told Jasmine that I would go get her so that she didn't have to ride the bus home, cause it takes the bus an hour to get here after she gets out of school and I didn't want her to have an accident on the bus. I got to the school and she was sitting in the office, I felt bad cause Wednsday is usually early out and I thought I was way late, well I asked if I could go talk to her teacher and I did. Her teacher told me that she had sent Jasmine to the office an hour earlier and that they were suppose to call me, cause she wasn't feeling very good. Well they didn't call me or Andy and so Jasmine had been sitting at the office for an hour, oh that makes me mad. I guess she won't be going to school for the next few days at least untill I know she is better. The doctor told me that if she isn't feeling better by Friday that I need to take her back in, I hope that she doesn't have to go back, but she seems to just be getting worse. We don't have insurance so it costs an arm and a leg to just go to the doctor and we don't have the money for it, but if she needs it I can't just let her go sick. I just hope that she gets feeling better.

3 comments:

Sun said...

Oh, poor kid!

When Riley has the runs the only thing that will slow it down is Culturelle. You can get it at the pharmacy. It's a bit pricey ($20 a box) but cheaper than another trip to the doctor. We're in the same boat with no insurance. It totally sucks!

Jen said...

Bless her little heart! I hope she feels better soon :)

Mary Ellen said...

Oh Amy- It's Sat night so I sure hope she is doing better!!! It's not easy when our babies are sick. give her a kiss from me!

Jasmine's Kindergarten Picture

Jasmine's Kindergarten Picture

Just before leaving for school

Just before leaving for school

First Day of School

First Day of School
She was wondering why we showed up at the school!