Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Joys of Gardening

She finally got to wear a dress to school.










So the joys of having our garden! Last week my mom and dad came over and we bottled beans and some stew, we have got over 30 quarts of beans just fom our garden alone and they are still growing like mad. We had to pull our corn up cause when we had the wind storm over Labor Day weekend it ruined the corn and pulled the roots up and it deformed the corn that was growing. Our carrots are huge, most of them are about the size of a baseball on the top but they are not very long, but we have a whole crap load of them and don't know what to do with all of them. We have gotten a ton of peas and suprisingly they are still growing, mom and dad's peas quit growing two weeks after they planted them. It has been so nice not having to run to the grocery store for veggies, and we will have stuff stored for the winter, now we just need Andy to get a elk to fill the freezer, then we will be set.

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

My garden is small, but I Love it!!! The weather is so weird here that my beans are just starting. I hope I get 30 jars, that would rock!!! Anyway, I'm doing salsa today, so Happy Gardning!!!!!

Jen said...

I can barely keep my flowers alive...let alone vegetables! They look great!

P.S. I'm going private so get me your email address and I'll send you an invite :)

Jasmine's Kindergarten Picture

Jasmine's Kindergarten Picture

Just before leaving for school

Just before leaving for school

First Day of School

First Day of School
She was wondering why we showed up at the school!