Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Updates

I got a different job, it is closer to home and I only have to drive 10 minutes instead of 45 minutes to get to work. It is snowing like crazy out here! Our lives are very very stressfull right now, we don't have any money and haven't bought any Christmas presents so I am very stressed cause Jasmine keeps saying " But mom Santa will bring us something!" and how do you tell someone that innocent that it still costs money. I hope just a little thing will make her happy! I hope every one has a good holiday season! My dad is having surgery on his back Friday and my family is very worried about that, please pray for him!

2 comments:

Sun said...

I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time. We're lucky enough that our kids don't really get the whole santa thing yet. They won't even notice that it's a bit sparse this year. My parents had no money for Christmas one year and so we all made homemade gifts for everyone and looking back it was the BEST Christmas ever. Also, I heard an interview on the radio the other day about Christmas on a tight budget. Anyway, one woman's told a story about how when she was a kid their family was very very poor but at Christmas she didn't feel like they were because they would make goodies and make a big deal about taking them to the neighbors. She said she always felt that if they had enough to give away even little goodies then they couldn't be that down and out. I'm reminding myself of both those things this Christmas. We're making goodies tomorrow night and I've been trying to find things to do with the boys to make it a little more magical. I never really considered these sort of things before I became a parent. It's more difficult than I thought it would be. :)

Yay on finding a closer job! I hope you like this one better.

We'll be praying for you family, especially your dad.

Hang in there, Amy. It will get better.

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

Jasmine's Kindergarten Picture

Jasmine's Kindergarten Picture

Just before leaving for school

Just before leaving for school

First Day of School

First Day of School
She was wondering why we showed up at the school!